Saturday, December 13, 2008

Dr Fish!


Pete and Kaodi originally wanted to go to the Ben and Jerry ice cream festival, but when we got there the line-up for ice cream was epic. I don’t think I have ever seen such a line. B&J have apparently won over the S’pore market. (btw, a pint of B&J’s in Singapore is $15 CAD. Le gasp!)

So plan B was Dr Fish! It’s so far been the highlight of the trip (for me at least). It’s fish! And they eat your dead skin! But first we had to detoxify. As you can see, Derek is a dirty man.


I’d heard about these fish, they opened up some in the states but they were shut down for hygienic reasons (you can’t sterilize a fish), which filled me with such disappointment. When I was a kid I learned about the cleaner fish in the ocean and I always wanted to find them and see how that worked.



They had two tanks, big fish and little fish, two different breeds of toothless freshwater fish that will scrape away at you when they are hungry enough. The little fish are ticklish and when they swarm on you it almost feeling like a pulsing electrical current. The big fish feel like a herd of cats licking you and ticklish doesn’t even begin to describe it. I could not handle the big fish.



It doesn’t have much more of an effect on your skin then exfoliating with a poof does, but it’s far more entertaining and if they had it in Canada I would do it everyday.

No comments: