Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Scottish Whisky

We were planning to go to the Castle right away, but it was really crowded and late in the afternoon so we opted for the Whisky Tour instead. It's right outside the Castle on the right. I've been trying to get everyone I know who goes to Edinburgh to get on this thing, but no one ever listens to me. It's been renovated, sadly, so is less surreal. When I stumbled in years ago, sodden wet and by myself, it just freaked me out. It started out all normal, with a miniature reconstruction of a whisky distillery and someone explaining how they make the whisky while pouring out small amounts into your souvenir glass, they there was a room with a ghost projected onto a screen to tell you about the history, and by the time I stepped into a wine cask and went on this 'It's a Small World After All' tour with animatronics making illegal whisky in the woods, I was just absolutely boggled.

Now you get into the cask right off the bat, it's well done, but without the freaky moving mannequins. They do have the largest collection of Whisky in the world, something like 37,o00 bottles, from a Brazilian collector.

They really like their whisky.


That's a condom dispenser full of Scotch Whiskey flavoured condoms. Now, I don't know if you've ever had Scotch Whisky, but it's kind of like getting a kick in the face. It's not something you slowly savour, if you get what I'm saying. I can understand these being a gag gift, but this was in a bathroom beside the tampon machine.

2 comments:

Spoilt Victorian Child said...

eeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwww

klucas said...

Erin, you are hilarious. I love it.