Monday, August 10, 2009

Graduation

Mom and I spent 5 nights in Oxford. Derek and I had been there for a few days back in November, it felt a little odd being back so soon. It's such a great city though, beautiful parks, lots to do. There's a great Ye Olde Print shop that sells old prints, most from books, and I picked up one of a giraffe from the 1800's that was clearly drawn by someone who had never seen a giraffe. It looks like a mutant polka dotted camel. We also took a ghost walk, which, much to my Mother's great disappointment, didn't involve any ghosts. I suspect this might be because they don't actually exist, but that's because I am boring.

Matt graduated with a Masters in Law, with a class prize in one course. You thought he was smug and arrogant before, that was just practice. I got to spend the ceremony in his dorm room surfing the internet, as there was a limited amount of tickets, which ended up me being the lucky one. Apparently some people go to these things without bathing, and they sit jammed up against my Mom and might occasionally pass wind. Also it poured rain as soon as they stepped outside, and didn't stop until I was to join them. So everyone was very proud, but also had really big hair.

(Matt had to wear that outfit, minus the blue part, to sit his exams, which is one of those traditions in Britain that just cracks me up. Like the lawyers in the British Law and Order in their silly wigs.)

2 comments:

klucas said...

I didn't know Matt went to Hogwarts!! and that they tough law there... was he on the quiddich team?

klucas said...

wow... apparently I need to take a spelling course