Thursday, August 6, 2009

Oxford

So we flew business class, which I'm just going to casually throw out there. Travelling with my Mother is a very different story then backpacking with Derek was, starting with the lounge area, that had a free self serve bar (we tried to smuggle out a ziploc bag of wine, but were thwarted by the fact that I had checked my ziplocs with my luggage), and ending with The Pod.


I am in love with The Pod. Really, there's no reason why a flight shouldn't take 12 hours when you are cocooned within your multimedia and constant supply of free roasted nuts sanctuary. The only snag came when we received our gluten free meals, which was, wait for it... boiled chicken with nothing on it. No salt. No butter. What do these people think gluten is?! We're not allergic to flavour. The strangest part was that all the meals in the menu (yes, you get a menu in business class) were gluten free. So we switched our plain boiled chicken for scallops and veal, and snorted at such poor service rendered to us by the flea ridden masses.

We took the bus up to Oxford (they have free wifi on the buses in the UK. We're such savages in Canada) and checked into the Burlington House B&B, which is just darling. I can't recommend it enough. The manager is totally sweet, the breakfast was delicious, and the rooms very comfortable.

No comments: