Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Back in Canada

So we're back. Crashing at Joel's place and infesting his attic. I haven't been writing anything here due to a combination of the Koreans love of getting white people drunk and then recently trying to adjust to a bedtime 12 hours away from where it used to be. There are still a couple posts on India in the works, we ended up in two five star hotels and I tried to find my old apartment near Juhu beach. Turns out things have changed the last 20 years. I also need to write about Korea, which ended up being one of the highlights of the four month trip.

I'll be heading to South America in a few weeks and will keep writing about my travels, but Derek will be staying in Toronto. He managed to land a job before we even got back, to the collective sigh of relief of all parental figures. I'll be in Chile and Argentina for almost two weeks, and then to Bogota for a month. I was born in Bogota, so I'm particularly excited about that. Also, already knowing how to say hello, please, and thank you in Spanish without even having been there yet! I could never figure them out in Korean. There's like 6 syllables in thank you.

So, anyway, posts coming soon, if I ever figure out which box I put my computer monitor in.

2 comments:

Mouki said...

Wow! You guys are back! And in one piece?? (or is that two pieces, one each...?) I apparently lost track of your blog as I am not blog-saavy, but am looking forward to reading all the adventures that I missed. Talk to you soon! <3, Moukiiiiii

Mouki said...

P.S. Are you going to South America by yourself? If so, you are brave. If not, you are still brave.