Saturday, March 7, 2009

I love you India

This probably could have been easily predicted, but now that we're leaving I don't want to leave. I blame the north. I started thinking that I must have just over reacted, but the taxi driver we caught from the train station in Mumbai tried everything he could to scam us and Derek is still in a foul mood and oh right. The scammers. There are many of them in India, but the concentration is in the north. That rickshaw who offered us a tour of Kerala? Didn't once try to take us to a gem shop or a government store. Not once. I'm still vaguely stunned by this.

We're leaving on the 10th, for Korea (the south. Mom, not the north) which means we miss Holi by one day. One day!! This is painful. It's the festival where everyone goes around and throws paint at strangers. One traveller we met told us about how his hotel manger stormed into the dorms as soon as the sun was up, yelled out HAPPY HOLI and doused them in neon pink. And how they were on a bus which suddenly hit a roadblock made from debris and everyone started rolling up their windows when a bunch of 10 year olds ran out out of the ditches and pelted the bus with colour.

So mad.

I blame the bachelour party. The bachelour party I am not even going to. I am missing Holi so my boyfriend can go to the strippers. I think this is karma for trying to give a 5 rupee note that had been ripped in half to two different urchins.

No comments: